Monday, March 21, 2011

Regina H Jeong (2nd)

 
Q. How getting sober can change someone's life?

 

From the case of guitarist, Slash, soberness is witnessed with the following four stages: recognition, questioning, returning to routine, and finding oneself.

 

Firstly, it starts with the recognition: Slash told Megan, "Megan, I don't see you the same way at all. Suddenly you are like a piece of furniture that I don't remember buying." He could not remember anything when he was on drug and everything looked different for him.

 

Second, he is questioning: he began to ask himself each and every day, 'What we have in common? Now I have nothing to cloud my vision, she seems a stranger to me. Neither have we had any responsibilities nor distractions in our relationship. So nothing could be left there for both of us.'

 

Third, he returns to his routine: he was getting back to his old-self and work mode.' When she was with him, he could not help but thinking himself, 'What is she doing here? She's got to go. I've got shit to do. We've got a record to make.'

 

Finally, he finds himself: he told her much as well, "I treated you harshly and it was not my style. But I just can't take it anymore." Now she left him and he was alone left there saying, "I've always had to do things my way. I've gotten high my way. I've gotten clean my way. I've been in and out of relationships my way. I've taken myself to the edges of life my way. And I'm still here. Whether or not I deserve to be…But that is another story."
 
 
 
Thnks for your time.
 
Regards,
Regina
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Avoid pastiche. Insufficient analysis / insight. I would question whether this is in an academic style.

    ReplyDelete