Monday, March 14, 2011

Angelina (Homework)

Hi,

 

My name is Angelina Foss and I am a Chilean -Swedish exchange student here in HUFS. My major is environmental science and I am currently taking classes in graduate school of international studies. I am also taking full-time Korean class at HUFS. I have been in Korea for over one year now and I studied in Konkuk University for one semester last year. I have tried to learn Korean during my stay here, although it has been really difficult. But this winter vacation I took the Korean class offered in HUFS and I am finally developing my Korean language skills. But still, I am just at level 1.


During the last year of High School I went with my class to Chennai, India for 8 weeks for field studies. While being on the country side of India doing my field study about sustainable development and Indian farmers I decided to study Environmental Science. After finishing my Bachelors Degree I wasn´t sure about what kind of grad school I wanted to apply for so I took a "time off" studying other subjects at Stockholm's University. I took classes in Korean politics, history and culture. Later on I applied to be an exchange student in Korea and here I am today. Happy and enjoying every second in Seoul next to my dear friends and boyfriend. I would love to stay in Korea for 4-5 years and then later on when I decide to settle down and have a family, I will move back to Sweden.


As I mentioned in the beginning, my nationality is Chilean-Swedish. My parents are from Chile but I was born in Sweden. My family name is German because my grandfathers parents emmigrated to Chile from Hamburg, and actually my Grandmother was Italian. My mothers mother is from Madrid, Spain but born in Chile. And the only real and native chilean in my family is my mothers father. I lived in Chile for about 2 years when I was around 8 years old. I had one of the best times in my life living in Chile and I am still travelling to Chile once in a while to visit family and friends. I also wrote my thesis in Chile during 2-3 months about Renewable Energy and Sustainable Development.

On my free time I like to hang out with friends, go dancing and discover Seoul. I am a big music lover and I listen most to electronic and rock music. In Sweden I used to go to concerts and festivals, however it´s a little bit difficult to be an "active" rock fan in Korea due to the big invasion of K-pop. I also like to watch movies and I am a big fantasy and Science Fiction lover! Some of my favorite movies are; Matrix, Lord of The Rings, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Avatar, Harry Potter, X-men etc.

I don´t know if to like dogs counts as a hobby, but that´s a big part of me. I have two dogs back at home in Stockholm. Two wonderful middle sized poodle named Dino Vader and Betty Boop. My other hobby is to travel. I have visited a lot of countries and still I have many left to visit. In fact, that´s one of my life goals. Whatever job I´ll have in the future, I will still be able to travel once in a while.


//Angelina.Foss

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I was googling my school (which is konkuk university!), and just stumbled your blog.
    maybe we've run into each other :)
    I'm sorry that it's been difficult to learn Korean. hope you don't have any other problem.

    ReplyDelete